You will need the Functional Movement Brace on your back and the PVC pipe in place.
As shown above, start off with the bodyweight squat, meaning you’re just using your own bodyweight with no additional weight.
In the squat, your starting position is a tall standing position with your feet shoulder width apart, hands either on your hips or crossed on your shoulders. Bring your body down while observing the rules below, and then bring your body back up to the standing position.
Things to look for:
- Knees stay behind toes throughout the motion
- Feet stay flat on the ground
- Keep your toes pointed forward (ankles, knees and hips should be shoulder width apart and in a line)
- Draw-in your belly button towards your spine
- Breath in when lowering your body & breath out when standing back up
- Only go as low as you can while maintaining perfect form
- Make sure both your legs are working equally and there’s no weight shifting
- When descending, have your eyes shift downwards; when ascending, have your vision shift upwards
*Perform 3 sets of 10 repetitions per side using only your bodyweight*